Monday, June 7, 2010

Profites-en!

Profites-en...that's one of my favorite French sayings. It's kinda difficult to translate but it mostly means "make the most of/take full advantage of". It can be said about anything- profites du weekend, profites du soleil, profites des vacances, etcetc. So that's mostly what I'm trying to do my last month or so here in France- profiter of the good weather, the late days, the delicious food and the people I've met.

I've been busy with the running group. I finished my 1st 10k in Mamers on a blistering hot day and am planning to do a triathlon next weekend that includes running, mountain biking and canoeing. Should be a good time! I also had a wonderful Sunday lunch with the family of the boy I tutor and then spent the afternoon driving around the Perche countryside and saw a lovely church and manor house in the area.

I also recently was a part of one of my school's end of year performances, where the students all sang songs they had prepared. My kids got to sing songs in English and then I sang a French song with all the teachers as well. Slightly stressful, although luckily, I was able to use my cheat sheet for the lyrics (other teachers did too!) That was really fun, and now all the parents know that I'm the English teacher so I've been seeing more of them around town as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment